Saturday, March 5, 2011

'Cuz I Need You Now Tonight...

For the past several months, Friday nights have been a leeeeetle uncomfortable.  A strange kind of horrible chanting-type sound has come from the neighboring apartment, and I've had to sleep with the exhaust fan on to block out the awkward noise.  Now, I've been pretty patient (aka, I haven't called the mgt office to complain) because I thought it was a kind of spiritual chant.  So I've buckled down and tolerated.  Alas and Alack.

Hilariously, my hypothesis was COMPLETELY wrong.  Tonight, I was right next to the wall I share with the aforementioned neighbors, and I figured out the noise.  SOMEONE is "singing" karaoke on Friday nights.  I kid you not.  The human noise was attempting a very painfully rendered but obviously passionate rendition of "Total Eclipse of the Heart." Sigh.  "Once upon a time there was light in my life; now there's only love in the dark."

But there's nothing I can do.  It's a total eclipse of the heart.

 

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA!!!! That is awesome! And, can I just say that because it was THAT particular song, it made me laugh even harder! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete