Yesterday, as I passed under the trees near the swimming pool, I noticed all of these yellow fluttery things littering the ground. They were fallen leaves! In August! On a 97 degree day! I guess even in the middle of the hottest month of the year, God is still reminding me that change is coming. I love how He does that.
I also love:
* a new storehouse of mechanical pencils and composition notebooks (back-to-school sales are fabulous)
* being back in the gym after a much-prolonged absence (this body needs some serious gym time)
* a sister mini-vacation at the beach at the end of this month (The Beach and Sisters = quite possibly the most amazing combination ever :)
* knowing this year I'll watch my first set of freshmen graduate with their college degrees
* prepping for a new semester and praying for my newest batch of students (they have no idea what they're in for with my Intro to Composition class. <insert evil cackle here> )
* Psalm 27. My Light and My Salvation. Love it.