Monday, January 16, 2012

The Secret Life

But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. -- Luke 2:19

I'm not a very private person. Much of my life has been spent sharing -- even the random minutiae of my day get shared sometimes because of places like facebook and, well, this blog.  People don't usually spend much time wondering what I'm thinking.  But very lately, I've been encouraged by the way that God is answering some very specific prayers in ways I didn't foresee -- and I'm keeping it to myself.  Weeeell, if blogging about God's faithfulness in prayer is keeping it to myself.  Haha.

I like to think that I'm a rational, intelligent human being who can be decently persuasive when she wants to be; but God is showing me that change in people's hearts is not really not about me being persuasive... it's about Him.  So I'm bringing people to the Lord in prayer and I'm asking Him to show me how to pray for them.

He's doing things I couldn't have foreseen and it's growing my faith immensely.


Simon Peter answered Him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have words of eternal life. -- John 6:68


Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. -- Psalm 73:25-6

No comments:

Post a Comment