Friday, February 11, 2011

Cotton Candy Clouds

This morning, I watched the sunrise on my way to work.  The clouds were purple, cotton candy confections with pink edges; I saw them floating high above the busy highway and I was reminded of the beauty of God -- the glorious, surprising and unexpected ways He bestows good things.  Cotton candy clouds this morning, skinny caramel macchiatos with a dear friend this afternoon, students who laugh at my dorky jokes and silly powerpoints...

The verse from Psalm 8 popped into my mind -- "what is man that you are mindful of him?" So I looked up the entire Psalm.  Good way to end the week. 


Psalm 8

Lord, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!
You have set your glory in the heavens.
Through the praise of children and infants
you have established a stronghold against your enemies,
to silence the foe and the avenger.

When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,
what is mankind that you are mindful of them,
human beings that you care for them?

You have made them a little lower than the angels
and crowned them with glory and honor.
You made them rulers over the works of your hands;
you put everything under their feet:
all flocks and herds, and the animals of the wild, the birds of the sky,
and the fish in the sea, all that swim the paths of the seas.

Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment